Fun Healthier Snacks for Your Crowd
Whether you’re getting ready to cheer on your favorite NCAA teams, host a Game of Thrones binge session, or just play cards with friends, the foods you serve are just as important as the event itself. Rather than thinking about splurging on foods that might not fit into your diet, it is important to plan ahead. By planning in advance, you can prepare and indulge in just the right amount of fun time snacks, while feeling healthy and staying in shape.
Look at the snacks below that appeal to both your palate and your waist line. Mix and match to keep it exciting and fresh. And check out our Veggie Tot Pizza Bites recipe too. Yum.
This quick & easy Veggie Tot Pizza Bite recipe will be a slam dunk at any party!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin & place 4 Farmwise Veggie Tots® (Try our Cauliflower Tots) into each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press Veggie Tots® down into each cup.
- Top Veggie Tots® with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and mini pepperonis.
- Place the muffin tin back into the oven and cook another 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove Veggie Tot Pizza’s from muffin tin and enjoy!
FUN/HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT
- Stuffed Tortilla Chips – Take scoop shaped tortilla chips and place in muffin tin. Then fill with cheese, salsa, jalapeno and even chili. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes or until cheese melts and serve
- Mini turkey burger sliders with fixings on the side
- Veggie Fries, Veggie Tots or Veggie Rings with your favorite dips like barbecue sauce, chipotle mayo, apple sauce, ketchup or wing sauce
- Guacamole with veggie sticks of jicama, cucumbers, peppers and carrot sticks
- Chili – snack size with toppings of melted cheese and sour cream
- Grilled wings – Marinate with buffalo sauce, hot sauce, honey teriyaki
- Buffalo Cauliflower or Buffalo cauliflower Bites – Both are a low carb alternative to wings
- Pulled chicken lettuce wraps
- Turkey and cheese pinwheel roll ups
- Mushroom and artichoke vegetable flat bread pizza
- Stuffed sweet potato skins
- Zucchini chips – Easy to make with sliced zucchini coated in milk and dipped in parmesan cheese. Roast at 400 degrees, flipping till both sides are crisp
- Chicken satay or teriyaki skewers
- Jalapeno poppers
- Low fat spinach artichoke dip with baked chips
- Corn and bean salad
Throw in a little dessert:
- Fruit kebobs
- Meringue cookies
- Parfaits of berries and whipped cream and sprinkles
- Bite sized brownie bites
Food Counselor, Nutritionist & Dietician